Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams follows the sad story of James Sunderland as he woefully enters the sleepy town by a mysterious letter from his deceased wife. Seeking the chance to see her again beckoned by guilt and remorse, he stumbles upon his these fears manifested through unseen evil and ominous characters leading him to the asylum of another world. The fight against the truth that his wife has died, James must escape the lumbering demon Red Pyramid (a.k.a Pyramid Head) along with his mystified fears that have taken the form of living monsters within the haze that is Silent Hill.
Serving as a sequel to the original Silent Hill game, Silent Hill 3 centers on the forces of the demonic cult that spreads the insanity of the otherworld through Claudia, a cult member attempting to bring Harry Mason’s daughter, Heather, into Silent Hill. With a subplot and themes involving the loss of innocence and childhood, a web of intrigue is spun by Claudia with intentions to birth a new god.
- Experience the two classic Silent Hill titles previously released on PlayStation 2, Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams & Silent Hill 3, that defined the Survival Horror genre in its early inception
- Both titles re-mastered to HD at 720p for improved graphics on PlayStation 3
- Completely updated in-game voiceover directed by series vocalist Mary Elizabeth McGlynn and soundtrack score enhancing the storytelling and ambient music within each re-mastered game
- Full PlayStation Network Trophies support integration
- Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams & Silent Hill 3 critical acclaim from the previous console generation:
- Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams = 89% for PlayStation 2 game average rating
- Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams voted “#20 PlayStation2 Game of All Time” by IGN
- Silent Hill 3 = 85% for PlayStation 2 game average rating
|Developer(s)||Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo|